Friday, February 26, 2010

Husky Long Course/ NSW Pro Tour





What a jammed pack weekend the weekend was... I was half expecting a relaxing time in a sea side town. NOT

Saturday was awesome watching the team in the Sprint race. Tils and Laura showed again how fabulous they were coming 1st and 2nd overall in the females - they both looked awesome! Go Girls...

Saturday afternoon - I left my comfortable state of denial and raced the NSW Pro Tour... My first race in the mix with some great female athletes left me BEYOND nervous! With the eliminator format - I needed to make the final 8 to make the final. I did and it took a lot to do that. I learnt how to hurt on the bike (and believe me I was hurting) I had a great time racing this crit style format, and walking away from the 2 races I learnt more than I thought imaginable. The best part of the race was the crew from Bondi Fit cheering the ENTIRE race. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends.

Sunday saw most of us take part in the Australian Long Course Championships. There were plenty of stories with Paul breaking Rita's wetsuit, with Top Midget bolting home to get her wetsuit (and she thought she wouldn't get to run??) It was a great day of racing, and even better that Spot's Chicks won the female teams - I got the glory run leg, but the other 2 set me up to have a very comfortable 20km run.

Looking forward to the next weekend of racing - next stop Swansea Belmont...

No comments:

Post a Comment